Friday, August 21, 2015

A fork in a road begging for focus

   In the beginning it was so simple. Just start a podcast. There's only four words in that sentence but it's an incredible amount of work. Taking your passions and turning them into a bi-weekly or even monthly broadcast isn't something I saw myself doing in my younger years so I've never really developed a radio style personality. In fact, "Voice" was always my lowest score in English class (more on that in a later post). This is all new to me. Everything from defining the programming to audio editing is something I've had to learn in order to make any progress and it will definitely show for the first year or so.
   Not to mention, there's a business side to all of this. It's hard enough coming to terms with the idea of me, a known introvert, becoming a "radio personality" without becoming a businessman on top of it. I never wanted to start a business before. Well, at least not a business that had anyone included other than me! It's a hard mindset change.
   Did you notice how none of that has anything to do with what I said I was going to post about? Did you also notice that I ask you a lot of questions as if there's someone actually reading this? Well fine, you begged and begged, I guess I can give you an idea of some of the shows I have in mind but you have to promise to leave my twitter alone, okay? Deal? Deal.
   The main show I'm going to make is not new to this blog. It's about starting a podcast. More specifically, it's about following a start up from from literal inception to fruition (assuming it comes to fruit eventually). In fact, you are actually reading the blog companion of that podcast! It's no where near being released because I feel we have to make it a few months into actual production before I start talking about what it's like. If I started now the episodes would be ten minutes of me talking about how hard it is to get people motivated. Who wants to hear/read that? ... ... ... Why are you even here? Stop reading this and go have a life.
   Another podcast I have in pre-pre-pre-production is Project: O Father, Where Is You? It will be a radio diary chronicling the search for my genetic father. He left before I was born and little bits of info have come out here and there over my life. Recently I got a hold of a picture of him from a family member who also gave me his name. Well, confirmed it for me really but this is all going to be covered in the show.
   Is that enough? I feel like that's all I'll give out for now. Got any ideas for where I should put my attention the most? What about tips for how I can make these better? Leave me a comment nonexistent readers!

"A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct." - Dune by Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment