Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Hurdles of Creating Content Part 2

   Summer in Alaska is one of the most beautiful and distracting things to experience. My wife and I traveled to Girdwood for hikes every other weekend, went down to Homer to check out the spit and my friend's family's new property and headed over to Soldotna for dip netting. My legs are constantly sore and my skin has shifted from bleach white to regular white (a record as far as tans go for me).
   Needless to say, I got very little done in the media creation process during this time. The two and a half months that summer lasts here is a very busy time. And that isn't just for free time but for work time as well. Most businesses in Alaska boom during this time due to all the tourrorists. *ahem!* I mean tourists. So between work and sunshine I have to apologize to the two Russian guys who frequent this blog.
   All of this doesn't mean I haven't been working. It just means I've got very little done. Most of what I've been focusing on is listening to a broad variety of podcasts to get more inspiration and fleshing out more podcasts ideas. Not much different from before right? Well it's a slow process and I think you should take your judgments and shove 'em because I don't need to impress you.
   Well, technically the model of blogging requires I try to impress you but I don't care. This place has no real end goal in mind. It's not a part of my business model more than to see what kind of interest I can garner and to get these ideas down somewhere. I guess that's no reason for me to tell you, the kind reader, to shove your judgments. I'm sorry.
   So I guess to make things right (or to disingenuously make myself feel better as it is totally obvious that I could have simply deleted the "shove 'em" remark because this is a blog) I can give you, my adoring readers, a preview of a few podcasts I'm fleshing out so that you can remark on what you would do to make it better or how it's a stupid idea. Any and all criticisms will be welcome (he said on the internet as if not saying that would at all change the way you respond). I'll make a post later this week outlining a few with a basic overview of how I see the podcast running. Be sure to check back around Friday.

"The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment." - Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment